The leadership of New Life Assembly of God is well aware of the trauma that accompanies the loss of a close friend or a loved one. It is our intent to be instruments of peace and comfort during such a difficult time. We want to serve. In an effort to better serve any and all who suffer loss, we, the leadership of New Life Assembly of God, have come up with these general guidelines. We hope that you find them helpful.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the content of these guidelines, please do not hesitate to contact us at 608-756-4175 or send an email to our Administrative Assistant. You may also download a PDF copy of our funeral pre-planning form by clicking the download button.
The leadership of New Life Assembly of God extends their deepest sympathies to you and your family during this difficult time.
1. We will host funeral/memorial services for our members, visitors and members of the community in our sanctuary with no charge for the use of the facility.
2. For those who do not attend New Life Assembly of God, there may be a charge for use of other rooms, such as the gym or the kitchen.
3. One of the New Life pastors must be involved in some way in every funeral/memorial service.
4. While we are aware of the fact that everyone has his or her own taste in music, we ask that only music that is appropriate for a church setting be selected for any funeral/memorial service that takes place in our facility. If you have any questions about the appropriateness of a particular song, please ask a New Life pastor for clarification.
5. A New Life audio technician is required for sanctuary funeral/memorial services. One audio recording of the funeral/memorial service will be made for the family at no additional cost.
6. When floral arrangements, banners, sets or props and/or other decorations have been placed in the sanctuary, they will not be removed for funeral/memorial services unless necessary for the flow of traffic.
7. Funeral/memorial service meals will be provided at no cost for those who attend New Life Assembly of God. We will provide the food from a set menu, and we will set up, serve and teardown. For non-New Life families, food may be brought in, and the family will be responsible for serving and clean up.
8. A pastor will work directly with the family to determine the time for the meal as well as a best estimate of the number of people that are to be fed.
9. If there is to be a public viewing at the church, we request that it take place in the sanctuary just prior to the funeral/memorial service. (For example, if the funeral/memorial service is to take place at 11:00am, the viewing could take place from 9:00am to 11:00am). While we still offer evening viewings, we discourage them at our facility due to our having such a busy evening schedule throughout the week at the church.
1. A New Life Assembly pastor will work with the family and mortuary to determine the time for the funeral/memorial service.
2. New Life will make every effort to schedule the funeral/memorial service at the family’s desired time. A funeral/memorial service takes precedence over most activities, but will not be scheduled at a time in which another event has been scheduled and published (i.e. preschool program, wedding, all-church event, Freedom Fest, etc.)
3. In the event that a death occurs when the church office is closed and scheduling needs to occur before the church reopens, the mortuary and/or family will notify the pastor with some possible times for the service.
Any of the costs incurred at New Life Assembly of God are typically handled by the funeral home. The fees collected by the funeral home include:
1. The honorarium for the pastor(s) – $150
2. The fee for the pianist – $50
3. The fee for the soloist – $50
4. The fee for the audio technician – $50