Updated last on Monday, July 6, 2020 at 3:05 pm
As we continue to receive information from a local, state, and national level, our team remains committed to evaluating a strategic, safe, and intentional plan of reopening our facilities. In the above video, Pastor Jason highlights our team’s plan for reopening. Here are a few takeaways to highlight:
- Those who are eager to get out and back into the church building are invited to join us on Sunday, May 24th as a “live studio audience” to our 10:15 am live stream service. This will look like our live stream services from the past 60 days, beginning with a kids’ moment from Pastor Tyler, worship, and the message.
- Our official first Sunday back in the building is on Sunday, May 31st. We will be returning to our normal service schedule at 9:00 am and 10:45 am. All that are comfortable and would like to resume meeting in person are free to join us. We will continue to offer live stream services during both the 9:00 am and 10:45 am worship gatherings on our Facebook and at nlag.net/live.
- Some of the safety guidelines we will be implementing include:
- All of our doors will be open. You will not be touching or opening any doors to gain access to our facilities and sanctuary. We won’t have our usual greeters stationed at the doors. Simply, come into the building and find a seat.
- When you enter the sanctuary, you will notice every other pew will be sectioned off. We’re encouraging you to be cautious and mindful of those around you, practicing social distancing even as we worship together. Families are still welcome to sit by each other, but we are asking and encouraging you to sit six feet apart from others.
- According to Rock County health guidelines, we will be aiming to limit ourselves to the 50 percent room capacity. If we find that we are reaching that limitation, we have overflow rooms for our volunteers and guests. Live feeds of the service are piped into multiple classrooms, coffee, and foyer. This will allow us to honor these guidelines.
- Once the service begins, our ushers will be the ones to close the sanctuary doors.
- We will not be handing out paper bulletins. You will want to stay engaged and connected to our social media and website for updates.
- We will not be receiving offerings as a part of the service. However you have been contributing over the past 60 days, continue to do it via that means.
- Our coffee shop will be open, but everything will be free. We don’t want to touch your cash, coins, or credit cards! Our baristas will provide full-service after receiving your order to eliminate additional contact points.
- Our ushers will be sanitizing each and every pew and contact point in preparation to each service and between each service.
- We are still praying through and considering options for our van ministries. Please call our offices if you have questions or concerns regarding van pickup ministry.
- Our Wednesday evening ministries, including New Life Youth, will not meet in person until after May 31st.
- New Life Youth will begin meeting in person on Wednesday, June 3rd at 6:30 pm.
- Our Royal Rangers and Mpact Ministries will be hosting their award ceremony and fall signup on Wednesday, July 29th. Come join us for food and fellowship at 5:30 pm before the award ceremony kicks off at 6:30 pm.
- Small groups are also able to meet back in the building following May 31st. Be sure to contact your small group leader for information on their meeting plans moving forward.
As we continue to navigate this process together, we urge to pray with us and to be gracious toward one another. May we be loving toward one another during these reopening stages.